Women Smokers is more at Risk of Health Problems
The news source is WebMD and research was done by The Lancet
The authors of The Lancet had published their study regarding the increase risk of developing coronary heart disease to women who smokes than in men smokers. It has been said that the sex differences played a big contributing factor to the said disease.
Coronary heart disease is a heart problem that has something to do with the coronary circulation which fails to supply adequate and proper circulation as to the surrounding tissue and cardiac muscle. The risk factors of such disease include diabetes, hypertension, obesity, smoking, and radiotherapy to the chest. It is common among men than in women. However, studies have shown that every year there is an increase of 2% new cases of coronary heart disease among women who smokes habitually.
In the recent study, authors Rachel R. Huxley, DPhil and Mark Woodward, PhD showed the result from 2.4 million respondents that women smokers are at risk of having coronary heart disease 25% higher than in men. The study have shown that women take more carcinogen than in men even if they smoke the same number of cigarette and the researcher believed that this maybe due to the womenís body response that they extra more number of carcinogens than men do.
In relation, the authors encouraged health care professionals to keep on promoting smoking cessation among individuals especially to women smokers. Senior cardiac nurse from British Heart Foundation Ellen Mason also pointed out that tobacco companies should as well participate in the effectiveness of promoting health warnings from tobacco consumption.
If you are a woman and smokes excessively, we suggest you take care of your health the soonest. It is very costly to get sick and the sad part of it is you canít afford to seek health care professional consultation. Thus, it is important for you to insure your health now through securing health insurance. In New Hampshire, you can avail insurance from many health insurance companies. So, contact All Insurance Matters.com and get a New Hampshire health quotes online for free now.
This post was brought to you by Allinsurancematters.com. For more information on health insurance and tips for saving money on your next health plan, be sure to check out our site or contact one of our friendly agents, for your free New Hampshire health quotes. Our insurance quotes are free and so is our service, so you have nothing to lose.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan