Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans:
If your employees are interested in being more involved in their health care decisions, the Medcall program offered by Anthem Blue Cross may be a wise addition to your existing large group plan. This program offers a variety of different services that are designed to involve your employees and educate them on their health needs and conditions.
Medcall is a toll-free hotline that will connect your employees with registered nurses that are trained to answer common questions and provide advice on handling specific medical conditions. They will be able to assist your employees in learning more about their treatment options, medications, and their symptoms. This hotline is available 24/7, making it very useful for employees that are need help during off-hours.
The service is 100% confidential and is provided to Anthem Blue Cross members as a way to keep them informed on their own health care needs and provide answers to questions on health care needs, new advances and technology.
The nurses at Medcall have years of hands-on experience and are familiar with helping patients learn more about certain diseases, medications or drug interactions. In the event that they cannot answer your employee’s questions, they are able to consult with a physician who will provide the necessary information.
This service is useful for an employee who may not know if they need to seek immediate emergency care, or if they are alone and frightened after experiencing symptoms they may not understand. The nurses at Medcall also provide follow-ups to check on the status of an employee’s health.
If your employees prefer, they can also access the vast Medcall audio library, which contains over 200 audio messages on several different subjects. From information on the latest treatments to more information on medications, your employees can find the answer they need right over the phone.
To access the Medcall program, your employees will need to call the toll-free number that is located on the back of their Anthem Blue Cross identification card. They can use this number anytime they have a question about their medical needs, prescriptions or if they just need some advice on self-care.
This service can also be used to find nearby participating physicians, if there is an emergency and your administrator or representative is unavailable. This can be very useful when your employees cannot afford to visit a doctor or hospital that is out-of-network.
Medcall’s main benefit is that it allows your employees to take control of their own health care, and get quick answers to any questions they may have. A trained nurse will be able to assist them by using current medical information, new periodicals and a vast library of information. When your employees take a larger portion of control in their own care, they will be more likely to take better care of themselves. This can result in lowering their sickness rates and may help keep your premiums low. Health care is vital, and having someone to talk to when an employee is scared or unsure is a wonderful new benefit from Anthem Blue Cross.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan