The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Check Plan:
Anthem Blue Cross is now offering its members several options for preventative care. The benefit of preventative care and the lasting effect it can have on your overall health cannot be overlooked. However, it can be expensive to try to meet all of your individual health care needs. The Healthy Check plan offers a solution to this problem.
You will have two different levels of screening options with this plan. The average health screening will take only 30 to 45 minutes to complete, making it easy to schedule in a screening during your lunch hour if necessary. In addition, your appointments can be scheduled at a clinic within 30 miles of your home or job. You’ll also be able to get immediate access to the results from your screen. If you would like, you can even receive a health status report that will detail your results by mail. This is very useful for your own records and can assist you in keeping track of your health care needs.
The first screening level is $25 and will include the following:
Cholesterol and Glucose Screening - Adults can receive a cholesterol screen, as well as receive their current levels of HDL or “good" cholesterol. This can assist your doctor in catching any potential heart problems early. You can also receive a glucose screening, as well as instructions on how to perform self-exams for glucose levels.
Vaccinations - You can receive a flu shot or a tetanus diptheria shot under this plan. The flu shot will be included if it is in season.
Screenings for Children - Children may receive a screening that will include a hemoglobin fingerstick test, as well as a vision and hearing screening. Vaccinations for MMR or measles, mumps and Rubella may also be included, as well as the tetanus-diptheria booster. Urinalysis screenings are also available.
Overall Health Screens - This level also includes screenings for your current body mass index, blood pressure, and pulse rate. You can also receive educational lessons on the dangers of skin cancer, and an assessment of your thyroid, heart, lungs and abdomen.
The second screening level is $75 and includes all of the above screenings, plus:
Advanced Blood Screening - Your LDL or “bad" cholesterol levels will be checked, as well as triglyceride levels.
Colorectal Cancer Screenings - Adults over the age of 50 who do not have a first degree level of family history of colon cancer can receive this scan. If you are over 18 and have a family history of colon cancer, you are also eligible.
More Overall Health Screenings - Flexibility testing and a posture analysis. These tests can be used to determine bone health and overall body condition. You can also receive vision screens, and body composition tests.
In addition to the above, you will also receive a textbook full of self-care information that is over 300 pages.
This program offers a trained and licensed health care professional who will administer all of the exams. This professional will be able to make recommendations based on your test results on how you can improve your health and wellbeing.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan