Dental Net Plan from Anthem Blue Cross:
One of the many dental coverage plans offered by Anthem Blue Cross to their small group customers is the Dental Net Plan. This plan features a great deal of coverage for specific procedures that many other plans do not include. The costs are extremely low and feature a co-payment for many expensive procedures.
Diagnostics - There is no charge for diagnostic procedures under this plan. The procedures that are currently being offered at no cost to plan members include bitewing x-rays, full mouth x-rays and oral examinations.
Preventative - Prophylaxis treatments for adults and children are currently offered at no additional costs to plan members, as well as fluoride treatments.
Restorative Procedures - If your employees require fillings, such as amalgams and composites, there is a member co-pay of $16. For stainless steel crowns, this co-pay moves up to $20.
Endodontics - There is currently no charge for a pulp cap under this plan. If your employees’ require a root canal, they are subject to the following co-payments: Root canal for 1 canal will cost $120, a 2 canal root canal procedure requires a $140 co-pay and a 3 canal root canal procedures will have a $160 co-pay. These amounts are much less than many other insurance policies will charge for these procedures. If a simply pulpotomy is required, there is a $10 co-pay.
Periodontics - There is a six-month waiting period for these procedures, but the level of coverage is very impressive. If a gingivectomy is required on an entire quadrant, there is a $100 co-pay. If it is needed per tooth, there is a per tooth, $16 co-pay. Osseous surgery requires a $240 co-pay and a scaling/root planing will cost $34 per quadrant.
Oral Surgery - Impactions can be very expensive to fix, but this plan offers an economical alternative. If there is a full bony impaction, an $85 co-pay applies. If the impaction is only a "partial bony" impaction, this drops to $75. A soft tissue impaction currently costs $55 to correct. A simple tooth extraction requires a $20 co-pay under this plan.
Prosthodontics - This is can refer to dentures, crowns or denture repair and fitting. For a complete denture, the current costs under this plan for one is $280. A partial denture has a co-pay of $320. A relining of a denture that is performed at chairside will require a co-payment of $190, while post/core refabrication will cost $40. A broken tooth denture repair requires a co-pay of $25. A crown will require a $190 co-pay.
Orthodontics - Many insurance policies do not provide coverage for orthodontics, which can be extremely expensive. The Dental Net program does provide this area of coverage for plan members at the following rates: Adult orthodontics will require a $1850 co-pay and child orthodontics require a $1450 co-pay. This includes 24 months of care.
Other Covered Services - Anesthesia is completely covered by this plan. This can add up, particularly if a great deal of work is required. After hours office visits require a $45 co-pay and out of area emergency visits will be covered up to $50. After this amount has been reached, members are then responsible for 100% of the charges as well as any co-pays that may result from the work received.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan