Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs:
Anthem Blue Cross is now offering members of their HMO plans three new options to increase the quality of their health care. If you are interested in getting an HMO plan with Anthem Blue Cross, or if you are an existing member, it is important to understand what these programs can do for you and how you can take advantage of them.
Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess
In the past, an HMO plan meant referral slips, wait times and a great deal of frustration. Under this new program, Anthem Blue Cross HMO members will have the ability to “self refer" themselves to specialists that participate in this program, without requiring authorization or a referral slip from their primary care physician. In an emergency, this new program can speed up the process and provide greater access to the care you need.
These specialists are known as specialty providers or specialty services under this plan. They include ear, nose and throat specialists, allergy specialists and dermatology specialists.
You will need to make sure that your primary care physician and the specialist you would like to see are members of the Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess program to take advantage of this new plan.
Anthem Blue Cross Speedy Referral
The SpeedyReferral program was instituted to facilitate the process of referrals for Anthem Blue Cross HMO members. With this program, your primary care physician will be able to give you an immediate referral to a specialist and you will not have to wait for the HMO management committee to grant approval.
These services include: cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, hematology, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, podiatry, dermatology, podiatry, ear, nose and throat, orthopedic surgery, routine lab and x-rays and urology specialists.
As long as the specialist is a member of the SpeedyReferral program, you will be able to take advantage of this new program. For more information, you can contact your insurance representative for a list of available providers and primary care physicians in your area.
Self Referral for OB/GYN Care
If you a woman that is currently a member of a Anthem Blue Cross HMO plan, you will be able to select your own OB/GYN specialist from a list of participating providers. This means that you will not have to go through the referral process and that you will have greater freedom in selecting the person who will provide you with care throughout your pregnancy.
Anthem Blue Cross Baby Connections
For mothers who are up to 34 weeks gestation, and a member of a Anthem Blue Cross health plan, the Baby Connections Plan is a free program that will assist mothers in determining if they are at risk for a high-risk pregnancy. A team of highly specialized nurses that are members of this program can help you with your questions and needs during this time. For more information, please call, 1-800-769-4896.
PPO Members can also receive benefits from Anthem Blue Cross. If you are a member of a Anthem Blue Cross PPO plan, you are eligible for the Blue Card program.
The Blue Card program will allow you to have access to covered health care services across the nation, instead of only in your local area or network. You’ll be able to easily locate providers that are members of the Blue Card program. Currently, over 70% of doctors and 80% of hospitals are participating in this program. If you are a frequent traveler, this is a great new option for your health care needs.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan