Anthem Blue Cross Senior Saver Dental PPO Plan:
Having dental coverage becomes ever more important as we age. Several problems may present themselves with your teeth, and it is difficult to find a dental health plan that will work well with existing insurance or Medicare coverage.
The Senior Saver Dental PPO plan from Anthem Blue Cross offers you a way to keep your teeth healthy, which may even lead to a healthier you. Recent studies have shown that improper dental care may lead to heart and other problems. Instead of letting your dental care slide, it is a good idea to stay on top of your mouth health, as well as your overall body health.
Here are just a few of the benefits that you can expect from this plan. As long as you live in California and you are over the age of 65, you will be eligible for this plan.
Pick your dentist - Under this plan, you will have the ability to select the dentist of your choice. If you have used a particular dentist for most of your life, this can be extremely comforting. Currently, there are over 11,000 participating dentists in California alone under this plan.
More Coverage - This plan offers 100% coverage for the basics, including preventative and diagnostic care. In addition, this coverage is immediate, which will lesson your out-of-pocket expenses and cut down on the time spent filling out claims. In addition to coverage for these services, fillings and extractions are also covered. If you need serious dental work done, such as a root canal, crowns or dentures, this plan will also provide coverage for you.
Low Monthly Premiums - The current amounts for monthly premiums are determined by location and are split into specific areas. If you live in Area 1, 2 or 3, your monthly premium is $30 per person covered by the plan. If you live in Area 4, 5 or 6, this premium is $35 per person.
Low Annual Deductibles - As long as your dentist is a participating provider, your annual deductible will be only $50 per person covered by this plan. If you require preventative or diagnostic services, this amount is waived as long as you visit a participating provider.
Low Waiting Periods - There is only a 3-month waiting period for coverage to take effect for your basic services. These services include fillings and extractions. Major services, such as dentures, crowns or a root canal require a 12-month waiting period.
Great Customer Service - Unlike many dental insurance providers, Anthem Blue Cross offers top-notch customer service for plan members. In 2000, this customer service was given a Best-in-Class award by the NASP Industry Standard survey.
Lower Out-of-Network Costs - As mentioned above, you are free to select the dentist of your choice with this plan. If for some reason your dentist is not one of the 11,000 participating dentists, this doesn’t mean that you won’t have some coverage for their services. You will need to pay more than you would with a participating dentist, but the amount will be less than you would pay without benefit coverage.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan