Tonik Prescription Benefits:
If you select one of the new Tonik health plans, all three include prescription benefits. It is important to understand how these benefits work and what you will need to do in order to take advantage of these benefits.
What is Covered? All generic prescription drugs are covered under this plan. This does mean that your doctor will need to prescribe the generic alternative for a brand name prescription. If your doctor does not offer to do this, you will need to instruct them that you need the generic alternative in order to take advantage of your benefits.
What do you Pay? Your generic prescription will have a co-pay of $10 for one 30-day supply. You will need to present your Tonik ID to your pharmacist to ensure that you are properly charged for your medication.
Do I Need to Visit a Participating Pharmacy? Under this plan, you can only take advantage of your co-pay if you visit a participating pharmacy. Currently, there are over 5,000 participating pharmacies in the state of California and over 61,000 nationwide. You should not have a problem finding a participating pharmacy in your area.
If you cannot find a participating pharmacy nearby, your prescription will cost 50% of the Drug Fee Limited Schedule. With some medications, this could mean that you would be paying hundreds of dollars for your medication. However, with the amount of participating pharmacies, you should be able to find one that is at least close-by your location. If you cannot, there are other alternatives that will be illustrated next.
Can I Get My Prescription Online? Yes, under the Tonik health plan, you are allowed to purchase mail order prescriptions. The Anthem Blue Cross Precision Rx program allows you to place an order online and have it shipped directly to your home. Your doctor will need to provide you with the prescription that is for a generic alternative. If you like, you can ask your doctor to supply you with a 60-day supply if you take your medication regularly. You will then need to pay $20 for this prescription since it is for two months. However, you will not be able to get more than a two month supply.
You can also use the Precision Rx program to order your prescription through the mail. If you do not have Internet access, or you just prefer to order through the mail, this is a great alternative. You will only need to pay $10 for a 30-day supply, and you can take advantage of the availability of a 60-day supply for $20 if you do need regular medication.
The amount of prescriptions covered under this plan is large and whether you need an antibiotic or a specialized prescription to treat a specific condition, you should be able to find a generic alternative that will allow you to pay only $10 for this prescription.
As prescription costs rise, the built-in prescription benefit with these Tonik plans gives you a way to manage your health effectively, without added expense.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan