Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement Plans:
If you are currently covered by Medicare, you are most likely aware of some gaps in your coverage. Medicare Part A has particular requirements and benefit caps and may not be able to provide you with the level of care that you need once you reach the age of 65. If you need more benefits for prescription drugs, or long term care, you may need to consider purchasing a Medicare supplemental insurance plan.
When you purchase a plan, it is important to make sure that it is eligible as a Medicare Supplemental plan. There may be some restrictions, and it is important to discuss your options with your insurance representative so that you can find a supplemental plan that is right for your needs and will provide you with the level of coverage that is necessary for your health.
Blue Cross offers a number of different Medicare supplemental plans. Here is what you can expect.
ClaimFree Processing - One of the biggest advantages of these supplemental plans is the ability to have ClaimFree processing. This means that you will no longer need to struggle with complicated paperwork if you are covered by these plans. You will need to visit a participating provider in order to take advantage of this benefit.
Freedom of Choice - Unlike many supplemental HMO-type plans, these plans offer you more freedom in selecting a doctor. There are currently over 40,000 participating physicians as well as specialists, making your choice of finding a doctor much easier. This also includes being able to select a hospital from a list of over 300 participating hospitals. If you have a particular preference for your hospital care, this is a great alternative.
Prescription Drug Benefits - One of the biggest problems for seniors in this country is the ability to purchase necessary prescriptions. With these Medicare supplemental plans, you will be able to enjoy prescription benefits, as well as the ability to get your prescriptions by mail order, and have them delivered right to your home. This is a convenience that is particularly helpful if you are homebound or too ill to travel to a pharmacy for the medication you need.
Guaranteed Renewable - Many seniors have had difficulties in the past with insurance companies that refuse to renew their policies. This meant that these people were left high and dry, and because of their age, it was difficult to find another health plan. The Medicare supplemental plans offered by Anthem Blue Cross are all guaranteed renewable. This means you will no longer have to worry about losing your benefits.
Full Medicare Benefits - With this plan, you will still have access to the complete line of Medicare benefits. In addition, this coverage extends to providers all over the country, a great benefit if you plan to travel. If you plan on international, these plans also offer what is called a Foreign Travel Emergency coverage. You will also be able to keep your current Medicare card and you will not lose your basic rights to Medicare coverage under this plan.
If you are currently covered by Medicare, but want to close the gaps in your coverage, you can speak with a Anthem Blue Cross representative that will be able to assist you in selecting one of the Medicare Supplemental plans that Anthem Blue Cross has to offer.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan