Anthem Blue Cross MedCall Program:
Members of Anthem Blue Cross health insurance plans now have unprecedented access to quality health information at their fingertips. The MedCall program is a great resource for people who are looking to learn more about a condition they may have, or for people who aren’t sure if they really need to see a doctor. Members of Anthem Blue Cross plans will be able to get the information they need, even in the middle of the night.
The MedCall program is staffed by qualified nurses who are available on this hotline 24/7. The information you share with these nurses is confidential and can assist you in making decisions on your health care and any needs you may have.
The nurses in this program are able to consult with staff physicians that are on call 24 hours a day, so if they are not able to answer your question, help is just a phone call away. These nurses have years of actual, clinical hands-on experience treating patients and answering questions just like yours. They also have access to current physician reviews and medical literature, so they will be able to discuss all of the latest advances and information in the health care field.
Your insurance ID card will contain the number for MedCall. Once you have dialed this number, you will be able to select two different options. For a qualified nurse, you can press one. If you want to access a pre-recorded library of audio information, you can press two. Once you have selected two, you will be able to make your selection from a number of audio tapes and then listen right over your phone.
The MedCall nurses will be able to assist you in the following ways:
Your symptoms - If you are experiencing specific symptoms and you’re not sure if they warrant a trip to your doctor, a MedCall nurse will help you determine their severity and cause. If you are wondering if your symptoms are due to a specific condition or medication, they will also be able to assist you.
Medications and Side Effects - If you have ever had a question on a new medication, trying to find information can be difficult. The MedCall nurses will be able to help you learn more about the medicine your doctor has prescribed, as well as inform you of any side-effects you may experience.
Reliable Self-Care Home Treatments - If your symptoms don’t warrant a trip to the emergency room or a doctor, you’ll be able to find out about proven ways you can help yourself feel better right from your home. MedCall nurses have access to reliable information that can help you.
Is it an Emergency - Sometimes, you may not be sure if you really need to go to an emergency room. With MedCall, you’ll be able to discuss your symptoms with a qualified nurse and they can advise you on their severity. It is important to be completely honest and forthcoming to ensure that you are getting the best possible advice.
Local Physician and Hospital Resources - If you need assistance finding local physicians or hospital resources, the nurses at MedCall can assist you right over the phone. This is very useful if you need help in the middle of the night and your insurance representative is not available.
In addition to the above services, the nurses at MedCall will call you back to check on your progress. This is a great time to get more help or information if you are still experiencing problems.
The Audio Library at MedCall is another way to get instant help over the phone. With over 200 taped messages that include information on treatments, drugs, illnesses and medical procedures and tests, you’ll be able to get new information quickly. The audio messages are typically three to five minutes in length and they are updated on a frequent basis to ensure timeliness.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan