Anthem Blue Cross Options for Seniors:
As your employees age, it is important to offer them appropriate options for their health care needs. Their needs will change, particularly if they decide to enroll in Medicare. As a large employer, it is important to offer them a plan that will provide them with the coverage they can use.
Anthem Blue Cross offers several different options for seniors in their large group health insurance plans. Let’s take a look at these plans to see what they can provide your senior employees.
Blue Cross Senior Secure
This plan is a Medicare+Choice plan, or a Medicare Advantage plan. It is an HMO-type health plan that supplements the benefits offered by Medicare. Your employees will be able to enjoy not having to pay Medicare deductibles or co-insurance payments. In some cases, they may not even have to provide a co-pay for certain services, and if they do, this co-pay is greatly reduced.
The Senior Secure plan also offers coverage for areas that Medicare doesn’t provide. This may include exams for hearing or vision, coverage for eyeglasses and contact lenses, dental care, podiatry services, chiropractic exams and prescription drug coverage.
Your employees will also be able to take advantage of the ChoicesPlus benefit with this plan. This means that they will be able to self-refer to a network of PPO providers for some of their necessary services. This can save time and money, when it matters the most.
Security 90, Assurance 90 or Assurance Plus 90
If your employees are just looking to supplement their Medicare coverage in certain areas, these three plans can provide them with assistance. The Security 90 Plan features coverage for hospitalization co-pays and deductible for Medicare Part A, as well as adding 365 days of coverage for inpatient care. This means that since Medicare Part A limits the amount of days that will be covered for this care, your employees will have greater freedom to stay in the hospital for the care they need.
Under the Security 90 Plan, your employees will be able to enjoy payment of 100% of their Medicare Part B expenses as long as they select a provider from the Anthem Blue Cross PPO network.
Emergency care is covered 24/7 and coverage for co-pays from skilled nursing facilities is also provided.
The Assurance 90 and Assurance Plus 90 also offer more prescription drug benefits, as well as the option to receive prescriptions by mail. This can be very helpful, especially if your employees need regular medication. It also provides lower costs and easier claim management when your employees visit a participating pharmacy.
Medicare Select II and Medicare Select II Plus
These supplemental Medicare plans feature lower co-pays for office visits and as long as your employees select a provider from the Anthem Blue Cross PPO list, they will not need to worry about filing a claim. They’ll be able to make their choice of a provider from the large Anthem Blue Cross provider network, which means they have more freedom to pick a physician they know and trust.
These plans also provide payment for the Medicare Part B deductible, as long as in-network providers are used. This network includes physicians all over the country, and these plans do not limit benefits to in-state physicians only.
The biggest advantage of these plans is the that they virtually eliminate your employee’s out-of-pocket expenses for their Medicare Part A deductible as long as they visit a Medicare Select hospital or if they are admitted as an inpatient after they visit the emergency room
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan