Moderate Intensity Activity: Provides Recovery and Long-Term Health to Cancer Survivors
The news source is WebMD and research was done by Macmillan Cancer Support in UK.
A news report from Macmillan Cancer Support in United Kingdom have said that moderate intensity activity which includes walking briskly, cycling, and doing household tasks such as mowing the lawn can help cancer patients reduce the side effects of the cancer treatment as well as reduce the risk of cancer recurrence for cancer survivors.
Moderate intensity activity is being done 150 minutes per week. This can help reduce the risk of recurrence of cancer up to 40% for breast cancer patients, up to 50% for bowel cancer patients, and up to 30% for prostate cancer patients.
Study also shows that if a cancer patient does the recommended level of physical activity, they can reduce the risk of side effects of the cancer treatment which includes depression, fatigue, heart disease, and osteoporosis. In addition, the moderate intensity activity does not only reduce the side effects but it also provides a long-term health for those cancer survivors by reducing the risk of cancer recurrence.
However, many are not aware of the benefits of this physical activity because most health professionals donít include this to their health teachings. According to the chief executive of Macmillan Cancer Support named Ciaran Devane, cancer patients and cancer survivors will be shocked if they just knew how beneficial this physical activity can be. Chief medical officer Jane Maher also added that exercise should be part of the cancer after-care and not just an add-on to care.
Therefore, it is helpful for everyone to know that regular exercise with moderate intensity can help cancer patients improve their health as well as insure their health.
In All Insurance Matters.com, we help people in choosing an insurance company that can help them secure their life in the future. If you are from New Hampshire, insurance Manchester NH is available from the best insurance companies in NH and we can help you choose the suitable one. So, contact us now for more information at 603-890-0100 or get a free online quote from our website.
This post was brought to you by Allinsurancematters.com. If you need assistance searching for a health insurance plan, donít hesitate to get help from the experts. We specialize in several types of health insurance and can bring you the best plans in the state, for less. Contact us and get your free health insurance quote today!
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan