Frequent Eye Check-Ups: Preserve Your Eyes Health
The news source is Health and research was done by Jules Stein Eye Institute in University of California.
A study was conducted and published online last August 8 have emphasized the benefits of having your eyes frequent test to detect any eye problems especially the progression of glaucoma.
Glaucoma is an eye disorder that could lead to an irreversible blindness if not detected early. It has a presenting symptom of a tunnel vision which means the person is unable to see things on both sides. As a matter of fact, it is the leading cause of blindness in the world among adults and about at least 2 million new cases is reported each year from the United States.
The study was conducted for about 3 to 13 years in a group of 381 patients with glaucoma with an age range of 35 to 80. As a result, the progression of glaucoma is more likely can be detected if patients have more visual field tests compared to those who have fewer visual field tests. In addition, Dr. Kouros Nouri-Mahdavi and colleagues have found out that twice a year of eye check-ups can result to an earlier detection of the progression of glaucoma compared with the annual visual field testing.
Furthermore, ophthalmologist Dr. Mark Fromer assured that this disease is treatable with topical medications, laser therapy, and microsurgery but if left untreated, patient may suffer permanent loss of vision.
Therefore, it is very important to those glaucoma patients to have frequent eye check-ups for about twice-yearly so detect any progression of the disease.
In connection to this, check-ups are really a burden to anyone due to the fact that it cost too much. That is why it is very advantage to have insurance. If you are living in New Hampshire, we recommend you to get insurance now. You may contact us now through 603-890-0100 to get a free insurance quote New Hampshire and we are always ready to assist you.
This post was brought to you by Allinsurancematters.com. For more information on health insurance and tips for saving money on your next health plan, be sure to check out our site or contact one of our friendly agents. We’ve helped many consumers in New Hampshire save money on their health insurance by comparison shopping, and can do the same for you.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan