Narcissism: is it beneficial or not?
The news source is Medical News Today and was conducted by Patrick Hill and Brent Roberts of University of Illinois.
A new research conducted suggests that not all forms of narcissisms are somehow beneficial especially to adolescents finding difficulty in in their transition years to adulthood.
Narcissism is the term coined for those who excessively admire and love one’s self. According to one of the authors of the study, narcissism is seen in three forms. The first, an inflated sense of leadership or authority, is the belief of knowing a lot of whom people should come to for advice. The second is grandiose exhibitionism or being pompous and wanting to show off exaggerated sense of one's capabilities and talents. The third is a sense of entitlement and a willingness to exploit others for personal gain. However, this trait declines as one ages in congruence to its use in one‘s character.
In the study, the researchers surveyed 368 undergraduate college students and 439 of their family members. However, the only ones who responded in the study in providing a robust sample size for analysis were the mothers of the students.
The result, according to the researchers, showed that young people who were high in the leadership and grandiose exhibitionism forms of narcissism were likely to report higher life satisfaction and well-being, while mothers who had the same traits were viewed as neurotic and low in conscientiousness. on the other hand, those possessing the third type of narcissism predicted lower life satisfaction throughout life.
Consequently, these negative judgments by the public, particularly of the older group, could have quite interesting negative impact on one's own capabilities and prospects that may help young people navigate adolescence and the turmoil involved in trying to find a sense of identity. On the other hand, those same traits may appear to be related to less life satisfaction and a poorer reputation.
In relation to the news presented, the way we see ourselves play a vital role in molding who and what we are in the future especially to giving value to health. If we see ourselves low, then, we wont give value to our health status as well. If you want your queries to be answered, you can contact us thru 607-890-0100.
This post was brought to you by Allinsurancematters.com. We’ll help keep health insurance costs low by comparing quotes from the state’s top health plans. Our New Hampshire insurance quotes are free and so is our service, so you have nothing to lose. Be sure to check out our site or contact one of our friendly agents.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan