Hepatitis A Affects Customers Health
The news source is Health and research was done by Sarah Klein and Ray Hainer.
A report stated that a food server from Olive Garden Diners in North Carolina was tested positive for Hepatitis A infection. Thus, prompted customers of the said diner to get hepatitis A vaccines.
Hepatitis A is a viral infection that can be acquired through eating food that has been contaminated with fecal matter or via fecal-oral route. This infection can result to liver swelling characterized by nausea, fever, and joint point or sometimes, no symptoms manifested at all. In this condition, hepatitis A vaccine is an advantage to prevent acquiring such infection and if infected, the virus clears up the liver after 8 weeks. As a matter of fact, cases of hepatitis A infection declined to 90% for almost 20 years now because of thorough hand washing, proper food handling, and vaccine.
According to the news, the food server told her bosses that she was tested positive for Hepatitis A virus. It was between July and early August that the server was on duty and was already infected which alarmed about 1, 500 casual diners to have a shot of hepatitis A vaccine.
A local health official advised those customers who ate at the said diners during those days that the food server was on duty to get themselves tested and vaccinated. A professor of food science at Purdue University named Arun K. Bhunia, PhD also agreed and stressed proper hand washing before handling food and serving food.
Furthermore, the Center for Disease Control recommended that all children at 12 months should be vaccinated as well as all people who travel to places with high rates of hepatitis A, suffering from long-term liver disease, and exposed to infected animals or people.
In this news, the importance of hepatitis A vaccine is being given a great emphasis especially to those dining owners. It makes them realize to protect not only their business but as well as the health of their workers and diners.
If you are in New Hampshire, we suggest that you secure your business by having a New Hampshire business health insurance which not only protect the health of your business but as well as the health of your workers. For further information as to New Hampshire business health insurance, contact us now at 603-890-0100 or get a free online quote at All Insurance Matters.com.
This post was brought to you by Allinsurancematters.com. For extra information on health insurance, be sure to explore our website or contact one of our friendly agents who will be happy to assist you. We can help you decide on a plan that suits your needs; whether it’s an HMO, PPO or HAS. We’ll help keep health insurance costs low by comparing quotes from the state’s top health plans.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan