Hot Dog is Not Good for Your Health
The news source is Health and research was done by Harvard School of Public Health.
Researchers from Harvard School of Public Health have shown a study that eating processed food particularly hot dogs daily increase the chance of having type-2 diabetes mellitus.
Diabetes mellitus type-2 is also known as non-insulin independent diabetes mellitus or adult-onset diabetes which is a metabolic disorder that result to insulin deficiency and high glucose level. It is common on both men and women, obese, and older than 30 years. Moreover, 90% to 95% of the population of people with diabetes is diabetes type-2.
The study was conducted for both men and women for over 28 years which was participated by 422,101 people. As a result, type-2 diabetes has increased its risk up to 19% for those who consumed daily serving of 100 grams of unprocessed red meat and 51% for those who ate one hot dog or two slices of bacon equivalent to 50 grams of serving. However, the study also has shown the result of people who ate healthier proteins in substitute of red meat such as lower risk of diabetes up to 23% for whole grains, 21% for nuts, and 17% for low-fat dairy products.
Furthermore, senior author Frank Hu stressed the importance of eating health protein sources in exchange to processed products such as hot dogs and sausages. Also, diet and exercise has been thought to be the first treatment for patients with type-2 diabetes.
In relation to this, it is good to know that one can improve its health by practicing a healthy lifestyle like eating proper diet, daily exercise, and having regular health checkups. In this sense, we believe that sometimes it cost too much to have a regular checkup with health care professional. That is why we high encourage you to insure your future health as well as your family through health insurance. In New Hampshire, a New Hampshire group health insurance is available for you to avail. New Hampshire group health insurance is available from many choices of health insurance companies. If you want help in choosing the best health insurance, get a free online quote or contact All Insurance Matters.com now at 603-890-0100 now.
This post was brought to you by Allinsurancematters.com. We continue to help business owners and entrepreneurs find the best group health plans for their company and employees, for less. Compare your group health insurance quotes for free by using our online quote engine, and within minutes start comparing!
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan