Bullying: a Factor in Having Lower Passing Rate
The news source is Fox News and the study was conducted by psychologists from University of Virginia.
A recent research revealed that high incidence of bullying has a significant impact in having high scores in standardized tests especially among high school students in hemisphere.
Bullying, as defined by most surveys, is the use of one's strength or popularity to injure, threaten or embarrass another person on purpose. It can be done with the use of physical, verbal or social forces. There is no bullying if both parties are about the same strength when arguing or fighting. With that in mind, the bullied ones are more at risk for mental health problems and substance abuse.
A part of the study, which was based from the compiled data of previous researches, exposed that the majority of the victims came from more than 7,300 ninth-graders and about 3,000 teachers at 284 Virginia high schools. Likewise, institutions with reports on severe bullying gathered a 3% to 6% lower passing rate on exams compared to bully-free schools.
Furthermore, the researchers also pointed out that the difference is substantial because it greatly affects the school's ability to meet federal requirements and the educational success of many students who don't pass the exams. They then theorized that as the classroom concentration of the student is diverted to worrying, high possibility of failing happens which eventually leads to teachers wasting time to disciplining bullies.
Therefore, a bullying climate may play an important role in student test performance and highlights the importance of treating bullying as a school wide problem rather than just an individual problem.
In connection to the bullying, we cannot be sure of the possible outcomes of the incidence and so, it is best if we get insurances for every member of the family especially our youngsters. Hampshire residents and visitors alike can visit AllInsuranceMatters.com wherein not only you can get new hampshire insurance quotes but as well as be familiarized to the best insurance companies around town. You may give them a ring at 603-890-0100 and be more eager to get one after you hear New Hampshire insurance quotes being delivered.
This post was brought to you by Allinsurancematters.com. We’ll help keep health insurance costs low by comparing quotes from the state’s top health plans. Our insurance quotes are free and so is our service, so you have nothing to lose. Just contact one of our friendly agents at 603-890-0100.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan