Man with Breast CA: Not Qualified for Health Insurance
The news source is Today Health and research was done by Joan Raymond.
A report was published last August 8 about a man who was diagnosed with breast cancer who seek helped in the 11-year old federal law The Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Treatment Act but was denied for one reason, he is not a woman.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women and the major problem in the United States. However, in a rare case it also occurs in men with about 1% of the population of the breast cancer patients are men.
According to the report, a single man from South Carolina named Raymond Johnson was rushed to the local emergency room due to chest pain and was diagnosed to have a breast cancer as young as 26 years old. It was a dilemma for him to seek medical assistance because he works in a small outfit that does not provide health coverage plus he canít afford a private health insurance. He was then encouraged by the hospital to seek assistance under the Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Treatment Act. Johnson and he met all the criteria except for one, he is not a woman.
Representative of the federal assistance program named Stensland said they want to cover Johnson but they simply canít because of one criterion he didnít meet. Stendsland added that they are negotiating with the federal government related to this issue because it is indeed discriminatory to men with breast cancer to have been denied coverage for just one reason, not being a woman.
Today, Johnson is in Stage II cancer and under cancer treatment such as chemotherapy and surgery may be needed soon. The surgery adds to his anxiety on how he can pay the expenses and the care.
In this case, it makes us realize that there are certain events in our lives that we canít predict just like getting seriously ill which can cause financial anxiety not only on our part but on our family as well. In New Hampshire, the good news is we can alleviate this anxiety through securing a New Hampshire life insurance. In All Insurance Matters.com, we can assist you to the best New Hampshire life insurance you are looking for by providing the best life insurance company in NH. So, let us assist you now and contact us at 603-890-0100.
This post was brought to you by Allinsurancematters.com. We help you understand your life insurance options and choices, making it very hassle free. Our free quote engine allows you to compare rates and plans immediately, so start comparing today! Let us help you find the right comprehensive coverage you need today.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan