Vacation time is over time to get back to a healthier you
Did summer vacation bump you off of your healthy eating and exercise habits? If so then you are not alone. Thousands of other parents also tend to relax during summer vacation when the kids are home from school but an article posted on September 15, 2011 at Medical News Today reminds us that “School Is Back and It's Time To Get Back On The Good Health Track.”
"Most of us have a vacation mentality during the summer. We love letting go of our schedules, heading to our favorite take out restaurant and keeping the kids busy," said Stefanie Barthmare, a psychotherapist with the Methodist Weight Management Center in Houston. "By the end of the summer we've run out of steam. Unfortunately, not enough rest and a bunch of eating on the run is a recipe for weight gain and other health challenges."
Did you know that according to the National Institute of Health significant weight gain often occurs during the holiday season but is not lost during summer months? This statistic is one reason why the number of obese people is predicted to grow to 164 million by 2030.
To get yourself back on track and on the way to being healthy and thin in time for the holidays Barthmare recommends creating a new basic plan that puts your health and well being first such as taking a walk with a friend or your spouse early in the morning and spending time planning simple healthy menus for the week to avoid fast food.
"Getting back into a routine is a no-fail route to lesson on the run decision making about food and exercise," Barthmare said. "A plan that starts with actions you can continue to do even when the seasons change is one that will produce lasting change. Start with the basics like a few days of food records or getting to bed earlier tonight. That's what works."
This post was brought to you by Abrams-California-Health-Insurance.com. If you need assistance searching for an Anthem insurance plan, don’t hesitate to get help from the experts. Get your free health insurance quote today by using our online quote engine, allowing you to compare rates and plans immediately. We’ve helped many consumers in California save money on their health insurance by comparison shopping, and can do the same for you.
- Why Anthem Anthem Blue Cross is Good For Your Business
- The Anthem Blue Cross Employee Assistance Program for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Life and Disability Insurance for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Medcall for Large Group Plans
- Anthem Blue Cross Prescription Coverage for Large Group Plans
- What Can the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO Plan Provide Your Employees?
- Anthem Blue Cross Large Group HMO Preferred Plan
- Your Options for Small Group Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- Frequently Asked Questions About Small Group Life and Disability Insurance
- Special Benefits for Your Employees from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group $35 Co-pay GenRx Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $40 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $20 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO 3500 HSA Compatible Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Advantage PPO $25 Co-Pay Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group PPO $10 Co-Pay Plan
- SmileNet Dental Discount Program from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Power Select HMO Plan for Small Groups
- Anthem Blue Cross Small Group High Deductible EPO Plan
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Power Health Fund Plans
- Comparing the Anthem Blue Cross Classic HMO Plan and the Saver HMO Plan
- The Anthem Blue Cross Healthy Improvement Program
- Anthem Blue Cross DirectAccess, SpeedyReferral and Baby Connection Programs
- Medicare Advantage Plans with Anthem Blue Cross
- What Does the National Committee for Quality Assurance Do?
- Saver Select Dental HMO Plan from Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Final Expense Whole Life Insurance Plan